Charles Marine and Industrial Group defines the industry standard, developing and delivering a full lifeline of electrical power, communications systems, and components for recreational boating, workboat, and industrial applications. Our product lines include battery chargers, isolation transformers, power inverters, industrial transformers, and other electronics that ensure SOLID POWER™ every time!
Iso-Boost™ Automatic Isolation and Boosting Transformer for 50 & 100 Amp Service
Easy to install and use, operational status is indicated by four lights on the unit, and low-voltage bypass switch provides simple positive user control. Iso-Boost 50 occupies less space and is easier to install than separate units. Terminal blocks allow for easy customer connections. An optional remote indicator panel permits monitoring of operational status from any convenient location.
Iso-Boost 50 Automatic Isolation and Boosting Transformer is designed to operate on 50 Amp systems. Iso-Boost 100 Automatic Isolation and Boosting Transformer includes features similar to Iso-Boost 50, but is designed for 100 Amp systems.
An Iso-Boost Automatic Marine Isolation and Boosting Transformer is essential where long dock runs cause voltage drops or fluctuations in power. The compact unit provides all the magnetic power transfer benefits of an isolation transformer, plus automatically “boosting” low or fluctuating voltages from the dock.
Iso-Boost distances itself from existing designs by meeting all requirements of ABYC E-11. Transformer windings are encapsulated and the shield providing safety between primary and secondary windings is of sufficient ampacity to provide a full fault-current path. In addition, lso-Boost 50 has been subjected to thermal, vibration and shock tests indicative of the marine environment by Underwriters Laboratories, and carries their prestigious Marine UL listing.
Internal circuitry monitors shore and boat voltages, and then adjusts output. The “boost” mode increases the isolated output voltage by 15% to supply appropriate power in the event of low voltage or wire losses during peak power times. If the dock voltage fluctuates above 225 VAC, the unit switches back to the normal isolated output. Mechanically interlocked contactors switch the output between “regular” and “boost” modes, a redundant safety feature that prevents internal shorts and enables a highly efficient voltage transition since there are virtually no losses across the contactors.
Compliance with independent testing lab requirements maximize safety
- Marine UL listing ensures durability and safety
- Greatly reduced potential for in-water shock hazard
Constant, safe, power in spite of long dock runs and voltage fluctuations protects on-board equipment
- Permits operation of 240VAC systems from 208VAC dock supply
Superior technology guarantees top performance
- 12 or 24KVA fully encapsulated isolation transformer and full current carrying shield per ABYC E-11.
Easy to install and use
- Illuminated POWER, BOOST, and LOW VOLTAGE indicators and a low voltage BYPASS switch provide simple, positive user control.
- Status indicators and Bypass switch also available on an optional remote panel.
- Occupies less space and easier to install than separate units.
- Terminal blocks for easy customer connections.
Corrosion resistant housing and components
- Housed in a convection-cooled enclosure meeting the intent of NMEA 3R requirements.
Corrosion-resistant housing and components
- Convection-cooled enclosure meets the intent of NMEA 3R requirements.